Friday, May 04, 2007

After weeks of research, I've finally decided something important for my future. What I will do after my degree in philosophy. I will try to realize my dream, and I will start, again, from Paris. E.I.C.A.R is the International Film School of Paris, and this is what I want to do to to help my passion to become a profession. It's a 3 years school that allows to learn all you need to be a modern film director, from the theory to the technical aspects. There are courses of screenplay, photography, casting, production, digital recording, post production, editing, decoration, sound editing... everything, it's TOO MUCH cool. And it's mainly practical-oriented - this is really important. After one week, you will be behind a camera. You have to share from 5 to 6 project each year, and you have to change everytime the role in the crew, having the opportunity to learn each aspect of a film production. And, of course, you have to create your personal project, 2 or 3 times each year. It's organised like a school - I mean, with courses and credit, sessions, notes etc. Every year the best works are selected not only for the local festival circuit, but for the Cannes' Festival! And the huge studios of this school are situated in the cinema and television location of Paris, rounded by all the main studios of the France, from Panaflex and Panavision to Canal Plus and the TV ones. It's pratically perfect for me to start. But it's not a joke to enter there. I've taken this decision right now because of the planning of the next year (the last in Italy), that it will be fuckin' hard. I want to do the Bachelor of Fine Arts there - my lessons will be in English and not in French. This allows me to have an international recognised degree, and to learn perfectly english (and most of all the cinema language) in view of a futur master or work in the U.K. or in the U.S.A. But - but - I have to obtain the CAE (Certificate of Advanced English) at the British Institute in Florence, next year. It's really difficult, and I've to prepare myself to an hard training. And next year I will have to finish my exams and get my degree, finish the photography school, work at the Hotel, and think, of course, to music and my studio. I hope I will find a little bit of time to have fun with my friends, go out and relax, and profit the best I can of my last year in Italy, specially with my family. Anyway, I'm not worried at all: I'm full motivated and I feel ready to get all my targets, like I've never been in my last years.

(In the photos you can see the logo of the school, the main entrance, and the great Oliver Stone, one of the recent visiting artist of the school for the annual conferences and seminaries)

3 comments:

rina said...

yeah, baby!!!

Anonymous said...

leggo or ora con piacere la tua breve . è una bella decisione quella che vuoi prendere e mi raccomando di andare fino in fondo.
sono contento di sentirti contento e che tu abbia da studiare e fare altre cose dal preoccuparti. ah che periodo periodoso per me invece, la ragazza seppur recentemente rivista, pur sempre resta un soggetto da conoscere. ahh sospiri melanconici.
per ciò che riguarda i Cure, blea yeah! ma mi procurerò gioi divigion e coctò tuins se questo mi permetterà di avere il tuo secs appil. come diceva quello - che mi auguro tu conosca.. - ah, Why Can't I Be You?
sulle tue proproste matrimoniali, mio caro mi trovi molto disposto ma poco dipsonibile: lo sai che sono conteso tra marco e meini, ma credo di preferirti.. la tua carica dark-esistenzialista è molto intrigante. mmmmmmm.....
las vegas eh? perché no?! se no in Ispagna.
saluti miei e di maroc
ano nymous

Anonymous said...

se un tu lasci stare i' mi omo tu ne tocchi.